If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if a visitor to our site purchases the product. For more details, please see our Disclosure Policy.
More Acne Products
Want to place your
product here? Contact us
Now you can download this 70-page acne e-book for FREE here.
FREE ACNE E-BOOK
Exposed Skin Care
Skin ID Neutrogena
Top 5 Treatments
When fatty, oily materials clog the pores of the skin, an inflammation occurs, resulting to a chronic skin condition known as acne. Acne, if not immediately treated, can possibly result to permanent scarring on the face, neck, and back.
There are several ways of treating acne at home; the ones that are mentioned below are easily prepared and always available. Why not open the fridge and see what you can find in the vegetable compartment, chances are big, that you will find the ingredients needed for an effective natural remedy for acne.
1. Aloe Vera that is taken internally is effective in treating acne. Its juice can also be applied on skin areas that have acne.
2. Rose water mixed with sandalwood paste can also be applied on the face for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
3. The paste from blended cucumber can be applied on the face and be left for about 30 minutes before rinsing. This serves as good refreshment for the skin, as well as an effective acne prevention cream.
4. Fresh garlic can be rubbed on the affected areas. Though this remedy can be pretty smelly, it has a very effective antiseptic property that will dry out acne.
5. Cumin seeds are also an effective treatment for acne. Paste produced from these seeds may be applied on the skin for about one hour before rinsing it off.
6. Paste made from water and powdered Neem leaves can also be applied on the affected skin as an acne treatment.
7. Lavender oil can also be directly applied to skin areas with acne.
8. Paste made from the mixture of vinegar and ground seeds of black cumin can also be applied to the skin to treat acne.
9. Paste from the mixture of little water and ground orange peel can be applied on affected skin areas.
10. Cooked oatmeal can also be applied on the skin for about 15 minutes. Then wash off.
11. The mixture of avocado paste and water can be a good facial wash.
12. A warm bath with rosemary and blanch of nettle can also help in the reduction of acne.
13. Egg white can also be an effective acne remedy when applied on the acne for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
14. Ground bay leaves that are blanched in water and are cooled afterwards can also be applied on the skin with acne.
15. Lavender compresses can be used to relieve the inflammation of acne.
16. You can blend the following fruit and vegetable: Peeled apple, half serving of cucumber, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and honey. The end-product can be applied on the skin for about 20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water. This will reduce acne scars.
17. Paste from the mixture of powdered and roasted pomegranate and fresh lemon juice can be applied over blackheads, pimples, and acne.
18. Paste formed from water and fresh leaves of fenugreek can be applied overnight and rinsed off the next morning with lukewarm water.
Remedies for acne that can be done at home are really easy to come up with. But to achieve best results, the appropriate supplementation of vitamins and minerals should be done as well.