If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if a visitor to our site purchases the product. For more details, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Your Free Resource for Acne Free Skin
Discover How Combining Science and Nature Can Bring You Healthier Skin
More Acne Products
Want to place your
product here? Contact us
Skin ID Neutrogena
FREE ACNE E-BOOK
Now you can download this 70-page acne e-book for FREE here.
Exposed Skin Care
Top 5 Treatments
Homeopathy is an old (even ancient) proto-medical approach to the treatment of disease. The base principle of homeopathy is this: if a substance can cause adverse illness in a robust person, the same substance is capable of treating an ill person if administered properly.
For example, if Substance A can produce chicken pox-like symptoms in a healthy person, then it can be used to treat a person with real chicken pox.
The method for treating diseases had been developed three hundred years ago by Samuel Hahnemann, in Germany. In essence, the small doses administered act as vaccines that help the body repair itself.
For all their worth, let’s examine the various homeopathic remedies that have been marked for their ability to treat acne:
• Antimonium tartaricum
• Calcarea carbonica
• Hepar sulphuris calcareum
Where can we find these exotic-sounding homeopathic remedies? Visit your local health store. These may come in the following forms:
• Mini tablets
The trick is to match the remedy with your specific symptoms. Usually, doctors don’t mind homeopathic remedies as they produce little or no direct effects in the body. However, if you’re suffering from something very severe, it’s best to consult with a physician for a prescription.
1. “Antimonium tartaricum” is primarily prescribed by homeopaths for individuals with large pustules that are very tender and very painful. People suffering from inflammatory acne seem to fit the bill quite distinctly.
2. “Calcarea carbonica” on the other hand, can be taken by people who suffer from frequent breakouts of acne and other painful skin conditions. This mixture was supposedly designed to increase the resistance of the skin to disease.
3. “Hepar sulphuris calcareum” is recommended when boils are present. When the skin is also very poor in healing or repairing itself, this homeopathic remedy may be used.
You may take hepar sulphuris calcareum if your pimples are very painful and are very slow in ‘healing’ on their own. When pus begins to form, then this compound is indeed suitable for treating your own symptoms.
4. “Pulsatilla” on the other hand, is effective from acne sufferers who developed the disease from poor diet choices. An over-dependence on fatty foods (animal fat, red meat, etc.) can lead to acne. In addition to poor diet choices, the existence of a persistently hot environment can aggravate the acne.
Pulsatilla is recommended for acne or pimple sufferers who are just entering puberty. It’s also recommended for women who have breakouts during the time of their menstrual period.
5. “Silicea” is another acne remedy that is recommended for individuals who have been suffering from acne for years. The longer you’ve had acne, the deeper the problem becomes in the skin.
6. “Sulfur” on the other hand is indicated for individuals who are having trouble with itchy skin. Itchy skin can often result in reddish hues and abnormal-looking skin.