If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if a visitor to our site purchases the product. For more details, please see our Disclosure Policy.
More Acne Products
Want to place your
product here? Contact us
FREE ACNE E-BOOK
Now you can download this 70-page acne e-book for FREE here.
Exposed Skin Care
Skin ID Neutrogena
Top 5 Treatments
MetroGel® 1%, manufactured by Galderma Laboratories, is a once daily acne rosacea treatment with more of its active ingredient, metronidazole, than its previous formulations. Metronidazole is an antibiotic used in the treatment of bacterial and other protozoan-caused infections. As a matter of fact, MetroGel® 1% is the leading topical antibiotic treatment preferred by dermatologists for acne rosacea therapy and care.
MetroGel® 1% is an effective treatment formulated to control rosacea and improve your complexion by helping in the reduction of swollen lesions and redness related to all stages of acne rosacea. At present, there is still no cure for acne rosacea but daily use of MetroGel® 1% and a proper skin care program will help you control it and achieve a smoother, clearer skin.
MetroGel’s active ingredients are combined in a 92% water-based gel which work together seamlessly to moisturize your skin while increasing the absorption rate of the medication. The result is a smooth, silky texture that feels gentle on your face.
1) MetroGel® 1% contains no alcohol to dry your skin, unlike other products in the market. It has been tested not to harm the skin’s outer layer of the skin and not to cause moisture loss on the skin.
2) It is formulated in a 92% water-based gel so it helps in soothing and moisturizing your skin.
3) MetroGel® 1% is also very easy to use. Just apply the non-greasy gel once or twice a day according to your own specific skin condition. It’s not difficult to remember and the gel’s smooth consistency makes it comfortable to apply.
4) Although MetroGel® 1% carries a higher price tag, a 60-gram tube can last a long time. Only a very thin portion is needed to be applied to your skin for it to work.
5) It reduces redness around the nose and cheek areas. It also helps cut the healing time of open sores and inflammation on the face.
1) According to the MetroGel® website, the following adverse side effects have been reported after using metronidazole: stinging or burning sensation on the skin, dryness, metallic taste, tingling or numbness of the hands or feet, and nausea.
2) Some MetroGel® users also experienced redness or other signs of skin irritation and watering of the eyes that were not present before using the medication.
3) Severe allergic reactions reported by a few included itchy rashes, hives, scaling, stinging sensation, shortness of breath, respiratory congestion and puffiness of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue. If any of these side effects occur, it is advised to get medical attention immediately.
4) Other users noticed that MetroGel® made them resistant to some antibiotics. MetroGel® 1% needs a doctor's prescription and if you’re not covered by any health insurance, this product can carry a pretty hefty price tag.
You can purchase MetroGel® online and available of discounted prices and bonuses. You can order a 60-gram tube of MetroGel® 1% from Drugstore.com for $159.15 and save 9% ($15.37) off the regular price.
A MetroGel® 1% Kit includes a 60-gram tube of MetroGel® 1%, 4 oz. of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and a $2 discount coupon you can use on your next purchase of Cetaphil. The kit sells at Drugstore.com for $155.75, a savings of 11% ($18.77) from the retail price.