30 BEST ACNE TREATMENTS ON THE MARKET
If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if a visitor to our site purchases the product. For more details, please see our Disclosure Policy.
More Acne Products
Want to place your
product here? Contact us
FREE ACNE E-BOOK
Now you can download this 70-page acne e-book for FREE here.
Exposed Skin Care
Skin ID Neutrogena
Top 5 Treatments
The Murad® brand includes a complete skin care product line, the Murad® Medical Spa and the Murad® Medical Group dermatology practice. They are both located in El Segundo, CA.
Dr. Murad developed the Murad® Acne Complex to treat all cases and types of acne breakouts. Murad® Acne Complex is a 3-step skin care system which includes the following:
1) Clarifying Cleanser- contains salicylic acid, green tea extract and menthol.
2) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel- contains retinol and glycolic acid.
3) Skin Perfecting Lotion- contains retinol, queen of meadow extract and arnica.
1) Basing on the large number of customer testimonials on their website, it’s not hard to see that Murad® has helped a lot of its users to treat acne. According to statistics found in the website, 90% of their product users saw their acne reduced in a month. There are a lot of consumer testimonies attesting to the effectivity of Murad® and how their acne was greatly reduced within 4 weeks.
2) The Murad® Clarifying Cleanser contains salicylic acid and triclosan which are known to lightly yet effectively banish acne blemishes and help keep the skin smooth. It has been tested to eliminate 99.99% of acne-promoting skin bacteria.
3) A patented Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel is composed of salicylic and glycolic acids. The gel enters the pores and cleanses them of impurities. The gel also contains hydrogen peroxide which purifies the skin without drying it and gives it a healthy glow.
4) The Skin Perfecting Lotion is highly-absorbable and non-oil based which moisturizes the skin without the oily residue. The formula also includes retinol and arnica which work synergistically to cut down swelling, redness and unclogs the pores, resulting in fairer and smoother skin texture.
1) There are growing numbers of testimonies of how the product had adversely affected them. There were those who developed unsightly cystic acne, redness, dry skin and some were even scarred for life.
2) The presence of salicylic acid, an effective skin cleanser, in the Clarifying Cleanser can be harmful to the skin when used in this derivative form. A better choice is white willow bark which is all-natural and a much safer source of salicylic acid.
3) The Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel again contains salicylic acid but in a smaller amount. The gel also contains glycolic acids but in such a small amount that it can hardly give a noticeable effect.
4) The ingredients in the Skin Perfecting Lotion can be found in many generic formulas. The concentration of retinol is once again too low to be considered an active ingredient.
5) Murad® employs a typical sales scheme called auto-ship where you are offered a 30-day trial for “free”. If you fail to cancel within that period, you will be billed $30 a month as they continue to send you the product. A second option is waiving the auto-ship by paying $60.
The Murad® skin care line are available at retail stores such Sephora, Pure Beauty and the Murad® Medical Spa. They can also be purchased online at Murad® website. A set of 30-Day Acne Complex® Introductory Kit is priced at $29.95.
The lowest price we found is $29.00 on Amazon.
The Murad company offers free shipping on any order of $50 and above. You can also receive 3 free Murad® skin care samples at checkout.
If, for any reason, you're not fully satisfied with any of their products, simply return them within 60 days, even if they're empty.