If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if a visitor to our site purchases the product. For more details, please see our Disclosure Policy.
More Acne Products
Want to place your
product here? Contact us
FREE ACNE E-BOOK
Now you can download this 70-page acne e-book for FREE here.
Exposed Skin Care
Skin ID Neutrogena
Top 5 Treatments
Stiefel Laboratories’ PanOxyl® comes in several product forms. The bar form comes in two different strength concentrations of Benzoyl peroxide – 5% and 10%. It also comes in a 10% Benzoyl peroxide acne gel.
PanOxyl® Bar 10% is a deep-cleansing bar for clearing up and preventing acne while balancing the skin’s oil production. It provides deep pore cleansing action that helps wipe out acne currently existing on the face or body and discourages new ones from breaking out.
PanOxyl® Bar 10 contains 10% concentration of Benzoyl peroxide, an ingredient that has been very well-proven in the acne circle as one of the leading factors in clearing up skin blemishes and blocking future breakouts. The PanOxyl® Bar 10% also inhibits the occurrence of blackheads and oily skin associated with adolescence.
If used as instructed, The PanOxyl® Bar will eliminate acne and pimples fast to create a smoother and healthier skin. PanOxyl® Bars are solid and uniquely made without harsh ingredients of ordinary bath soaps. PanOxyl® Bars are proven by many satisfied users to clear up acne that exists on the chest and back. The convenient plastic container extends the bar’s life, making it worth every penny of its purchase price.
1) PanOxyl® users reported that it prevented acne breakouts after a few days application. Most users also stated that the product resulted to less oily face.
2) For existing pimples on the face, these will just clear up as long as PanOxyl® application is regularly maintained.
3) PanOxyl® works fast. It is a convenient one-step acne treatment. It is much easier to use than multi-step (cleaner, toner and cream) treatments like Proactiv®.
4) PanOxyl® is affordable at less than $9.00 per bar.
Although Benzoyl peroxide has been proven to be an effective acne fighting agent, its most obvious downside is its usual side effects.
1) Most customers complained that their skin turned red and became visibly dry after using PanOxyl®, particularly at the start of treatment.
2) PanOxyl® Bar users reported their faces felt tight and very dry after using the product. Some experienced redness and itchiness similar to hives.
3) PanOxyl® Bar can bleach fabrics and dye hair or eyebrows on contact so thorough rinsing is advised.
4) The ingredients in PanOxyl® are chemically synthesized and not all-natural. It contains Benzoyl peroxide which is known to cause side effects like redness and skin irritation.
5) The Stiefel website is not easy to navigate to get the product info you need so some patience is required.
Detailed information about PanOxyl® products can be found on the Stiefel Laboratories official website. Overseas distributors and retailers info can also be found at the site.
PanOxyl® Bar 10% can be purchased through online stores like DermStore, Bizrate, Walgreens and Amazon Marketplace. The lowest price we found online is $75 on Amazon.
Free 2-day shipping is offered on orders over $100.00 in all contiguous 48 US States. Free standard shipping on all domestic orders applies.